The Four Benefits of Membership
The value of a CAI membership continues to become invaluable. The level of services and expertise you receive is second to none! The Heartland Chapter offers the following benefits to all members, whether you are an individual homeowner, a community manager, or a professional selling to and servicing the industry.
Structure = Leadership
The National network of CAI members is growing daily! There are more than 30,000 individuals and organizations that belong to CAI, all providing opportunities to network and exchange ideas and information.
The Heartland Chapter’s membership of nearly 350 members is comprised of 200 community members and over 150 professional and service members.
Leadership development on a local, regional and national level is a direct result of CAI’s success. Development and instruction is emphasized at orientation programs, board training, speaker training as well as within the council and committee structure.
Resources = Education
One of the most valuable benefits of membership is a quarterly newsletter, CAI News, our chapter’s most educational resource, dedicated to providing quality, expert articles and information about the daily operations and issues community association managers and volunteers face.
In addition, each member receives Common Ground, CAI National’s award winning, bi-monthly magazine, which presents expert information and a national perspective on association topics and issues.The Membership Directory is a benefit used on a daily basis by many of our members. A complete listing of all members is accompanied by a preface of the chapter’s mission and goals, pertinent Chapter and industry information.
A progressive communication tool, http://www.caiheartland.com/ is the Chapter’s web site, which supplies industry related news, upcoming events, and jurisdictional legislative information. CAI National’s web site, http://www.caionline.org/ also provides an opportunity to link up and communicate with other community association’s pages and members nationwide.
Federal, state, and local legislative incentives are driven by five National and Chapter legislative committees. Their activities are devoted to lobbying legal agendas in the community association forum in the St. Louis Metropolitan area. Member involvement has been key in achieving legislative successes and is strongly encouraged. The Annual Legal Update reviews current legislative issues and law changes, and legislative updates appear regularly in CAI News.
CAI administers nationally recognized designation programs, which recognize those professionals in the community association industry who have met required levels of experience and education.
Professional Network Available for Your Association
- A valuable network of associations and professionals can provide you with cutting edge information and resources to assist you and your Board in effectively running your association.
- The Heartland Chapter is one of the fastest growing chapters in the nation.
- Low-cost advertising space available in the Chapter Directory, our quarterly newsletter, CAI News, and our website.
- Gain exposure by writing industry-related articles for submission into CAI News.
- Chapter web site with up to the minute information and interactive opportunities.
- Free information and referral services for problem solving and difficult questions.
- Leadership Development, Board training and orientation programs
- More than 25 years of reference publications and GAP Reports available for purchase or preview in National’s library.
- Sponsorship packages for all size business or associations, designed to assist you in maximizing your valuable marketing dollars.